Assignment #3: Independent t-test, Paired t-test,
Objectives of Assignment
The student will learn how to:
write null and research hypotheses;
select and run the appropriate analysis in SPSS;
report findings of SPSS version 28 analysis in APA format;
create tables showing findings of SPSS analyses in APA format;
apply correct terminology in reporting findings; and
employ APA formatting for scientific research reports.
Steps of Assignment
In this section of your paper you should include enough information for a reader
to be able to repeat your analysis if they had access to the same data set:
1. Give the title of the data set you used.
2. List the variables that you used in your analysis and include a table of
descriptive statistics for those variables (N, Mean, and Standard
3. List the statistical tests you conducted and what software platform you
4. Give your research questions, null and research/alternative hypotheses
for your independent samples t-test, paired samples t-test, and
ANOVA. You may want to use subheadings for each test.
Independent Samples t-test
1. Run an Independent Samples t-test in SPSS version 28 using all the “selected” variables.
2. Report your Independent Samples t-test results appropriately, including the t value
and p value (using notation).
3. Make a t-test table (including a title) in correct APA format for your
Independent Samples t-test.
4. Create a bar chart with bars that represent the means of the two groups compared
in your Independent Samples t-test and error bars that represent the standard
deviation of those mean. Include these in your paper in correct APA format including
5. Interpret and draw an inference based your Independent Samples t-test.
Draw conclusions regarding your findings with respect to your null
Paired Samples t-test
6. Conduct a Paired Samples t-test for two variables (measured for the same student at
two different time points) from the NELS data.
7. Report your results in the narrative giving the t value and p value
8. Make a t-test table (including a title) in correct APA format for your Paired Samples t-
9. Create a bar chart with bars that represent the means of the two different time
points compared in your Paired Samples t-test and error bars that represent the
standard deviation of those mean. Include these in your paper in correct APA format
10. Interpret and draw an inference based your Paired Samples t-test. Draw conclusions
regarding your findings with respect to your null hypothesis.
11. Conduct an ANOVA to compare the means of a dependent/criterion variable between
three or more groups. Use post hoc tests to identify any significant mean differences
between individual groups.
12. Report your results in the narrative giving the F values and p value.
13. Create a bar chart with bars that represent the means of the three or more groups
compared in your ANOVA and error bars that represent the standard deviation of
those means. Include these in your paper in correct APA format including titles.
14. Correctly interpret the post hoc tests of individual mean differences between groups
15. Interpret and draw an inference based your ANOVA. Draw conclusions regarding
your findings with respect to your null hypothesis.
General APA Formatting Requirements
1. Pick a title for your paper and create an appropriate APA title page.
2. Remembering the format you studied last term, write the paper as though you are
writing a research paper with research questions and hypotheses. Use your findings to
answer your research question. Interpret the findings that you have put into tables and
scatterplots by writing in text about them using the terms and concepts learned in
class. Make sure you include all the concepts taught in class. Keep a close check with
3. Your grade will be based on fulfillment of the objectives listed above as well as the
quality of your writing, the inclusiveness of your writing, and the accuracy (correctness)
of your work.
4. This paper may be no longer than six (6) pages including the title page, excluding references.
This list is not intended to be all-inclusive. It is only intended to give you an idea of some
points to consider.
Make sure the entirety of each table is on one page. Do not carry part of a table to
Always insert tables or diagrams immediately after the paragraph where each is first
Do not use color.
Always refer to the table or figure by table or figure number.
Remember to use the correct unit of the variables with which you are working.
Do not carry part of a table to
Struggling with a similar assignment? Don’t know where to start? Don’t have time to work on this? Get a high-quality paper written for you from scratch – PLAGIARISM FREE, guaranteed to get you a good grade. To get started, please click on the Submit Your Instructions at the bottom of the page.
Assignment #3: Independent t-test, Paired t-test,
Need Writing Help? Our writing specialists are here 24/7, every day of the year, ready to support you! Instantly chat with an online tutor below or click here to submit your paper instructions to the writing team.
More than just an assignment.
Who is this homework service for?
* If you are having a really hard class and want to get through it, then this is for you.
* If you have a medical emergency or someone close to you has a medical emergency and you don’t think you’ll be able to turn your assignment on time, this is definitely a service you could use.
* You can use us if you are having a tough Professor who won’t give you the grades you deserve.
* If you have a tight work schedule and you are getting points deducted for not submitting assignments on time.
* English might not be your first language and you feel like you are being left behind in class because of it.
* If you have a large project coming up and don’t think you have enough time to get it done well, definitely reach out to us.
Hi there! My name is Anna.
Super stoked you are checking us out! We would like to help you with your assignment. We just need a few things from you:
* The full assignment instructions as they appear on your school account.
* If a Rubric is present, make sure to attach it.
* Any relevant weekly readings or learning resources.
* Include any special announcements or emails you might have gotten from your Professor regarding your assignment.
* Any templates or additional files required to complete the assignment.
If your assignment is somewhat complex and you need to explain it, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via live chat.
Frequently asked questions
How soon can I get my paper done?
It depends with your deadline. If you need your paper completed in 3 hours, we will deliver it in that time. All you need to do is indicate your deadline in our custom order page here. Alternatively, if you are sending us your instructions via email, please be sure to indicate your deadline.
Will it be completely original? I don't want to be caught in a case of Academic Integrity Violation.
We are as paranoid as you are. Maybe even more! And we understand that the greatest sin you can commit in your academic journey is plagiarizing your academic work. To that end, we have made sure that we check and double-check our papers using high quality plagiarism detection tools such as SafeAssign and Turnitin before submitting the paper to you.
Who is my writer? Is he/she a native English Speaker?
All our writers are native English Speakers. That is not to say that ESL writers are not good, we just prefer hiring native writers because we want the very best people working on your paper. This might mean paying a little bit more for your paper as opposed to when you pay a foreign company whose writers are non-native English Speakers.
What if I need revisions? Will your charge additional for this?
Of course not! If you do happen to require a revision on your paper, our team will handle it for you free of charge. Matter of fact, we won’t rest till you are happy with your paper. So, ask for as many revisions as you need, it’s completely FREE!
Will you give me my money back if I don't like my paper?
We have very few instances where we delivered a paper that a client didn’t fall in love with. But if it so happens that you don’t like your paper for any reason whatsoever, we’ll refund your money back no questions asked.
I have more assignments after this, can you help me with those too?
Of course! And what’s even better is that we can reserve a writer permanently to work on your entire class. This comes in handy for projects which build up on each other and where you need just one writer, one writing style.
I got my order information wrong, can I change that?
Yes you can. Just reach out to our support team via email (email@example.com) or live chat here and they’ll help you change the instructions.
Can I place an order via email instead of going through the order page?
Yes you can. Email Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org, she’s in charge of our sales team. Alternatively, you can talk to our Live Chat team here and request to speak to Anna.