Soap notes will be uploaded to Moodle and put through TURN-It-In (anti-Plagiarism program)
Turn it in Score must be less than 50% or will not be accepted for credit, must be your own work and in your own words. You can resubmit, Final submission will be accepted if less than 50%. Copy paste from websites or textbooks will not be accepted or tolerated. Please see College Handbook with reference to Academic Misconduct Statement.
Name: Mr. W.S.
Current Medications: Atorvastatin tab 20 mg, 1-tab PO at bedtime
Immunizations: Influenza last 2018-year, tetanus, and hepatitis A and B 4 years ago.
Surgical History: Appendectomy 47 years ago.
Family History: Father- died 81 does not report information
Mother-alive, 88 years old, Diabetes Mellitus, HTN
Daughter-alive, 34 years old, healthy
Social Hx: No smoking history or illicit drug use, occasional alcoholic beverage consumption on social celebrations. Retired, widow, he lives alone.
Chief complain: “headaches” that started two weeks ago
The patient is 65 years old male who complaining of episodes of headaches and on 3 different occasions blood pressure was measured, which was high (159/100, 158/98 and 160/100 respectively). Patient noticed the problem started two weeks ago and sometimes it is accompanied by dizziness. He states that he has been under stress in his workplace for the last month.
Patient denies chest pain, palpitation, shortness of breath, nausea or vomiting.
CONSTITUTIONAL: Denies fever or chills. Denies weakness or weight loss. NEUROLOGIC: Headache and dizziness as describe above. Denies changes in LOC. Denies history of tremors or seizures.
HEENT: HEAD: Denies any head injury, or change in LOC. Eyes: Denies any changes in vision, diplopia or blurred vision. Ear: Denies pain in the ears. Denies loss of hearing or drainage. Nose: Denies nasal drainage, congestion. THROAT: Denies throat or neck pain, hoarseness, difficulty swallowing.
Respiratory: Patient denies shortness of breath, cough or hemoptysis.
Cardiovascular: No chest pain, tachycardia. No orthopnea or paroxysmal nocturnal
Gastrointestinal: Denies abdominal pain or discomfort. Denies flatulence, nausea, vomiting or
Genitourinary: Denies hematuria, dysuria or change in urinary frequency. Denies difficulty starting/stopping stream of urine or incontinence.
MUSCULOSKELETAL: Denies falls or pain. Denies hearing a clicking or snapping sound.
Skin: No change of coloration such as cyanosis or jaundice, no rashes or pruritus.
CONSTITUTIONAL: Vital signs: Temperature: 98.5 °F, Pulse: 87, BP: 159/92 mmhg, RR 20, PO2-98% on room air, Ht- 6’4”, Wt 200 lb, BMI 25. Report pain 0/10.
General appearance: The patient is alert and oriented x 3. No acute distress noted. NEUROLOGIC: Alert, CNII-XII grossly intact, oriented to person, place, and time. Sensation intact to bilateral upper and lower extremities. Bilateral UE/LE strength 5/5.
HEENT: Head: Normocephalic, atraumatic, symmetric, non-tender. Maxillary sinuses no tenderness. Eyes: No conjunctival injection, no icterus, visual acuity and extraocular eye movements intact. No nystagmus noted. Ears: Bilateral canals patent without erythema, edema, or exudate. Bilateral tympanic membranes intact, pearly gray with sharp cone of light. Maxillary sinuses no tenderness. Nasal mucosa moist without bleeding. Oral mucosa moist without lesions, Lids non-remarkable and appropriate for race.
Neck: supple without cervical lymphadenopathy, no jugular vein distention, no thyroid swelling or masses.
Cardiovascular:S1S2, regular rate and rhythm, no murmur or gallop noted. Capillary refill < 2 sec.
Respiratory:No dyspnea or use of accessory muscles observed. No egophony, whispered pectoriloquy or tactile fremitus on palpation. Breath sounds presents and clear bilaterally on auscultation.
Gastrointestinal:No mass or hernia observed. Upon auscultation, bowel sounds present in all four quadrants, no bruits over renal and aorta arteries. Abdomen soft non-tender, no guarding, no reboundno distention or organomegaly noted on palpation
Musculoskeletal:No pain to palpation. Active and passive ROM within normal limits, no stiffness.
Integumentary:intact, no lesions or rashes, no cyanosis or jaundice.
Essential (Primary) Hypertension (ICD10 I10): Given the symptoms and high blood pressure (156/92 mmhg), classified as stage 2. Once the organic cause of hypertension has been ruled out, such as renal, adrenal or thyroid, this diagnosis is confirmed.
Ø Renal artery stenosis(ICD10 I70.1)
Ø Chronic kidney disease(ICD10 I12.9)
Ø Hyperthyroidism (ICD10 E05.90)
Diagnosis is based on the clinical evaluation through history, physical examination, and routine laboratory tests to assess risk factors, reveal identifiable causes and detect target-organ damage, including evidence of cardiovascular disease.
These basic laboratory tests are:
· Complete blood count
· Lipid profile
· Thyroid-stimulating hormone
Ø Pharmacological treatment:
The treatment of choice in this case would be:
Thiazide-like diuretic and/or a CCB
· Hydrochlorothiazide tab 25 mg, Initial dose: 25 mg orally once daily.
Ø Non-Pharmacologic treatment:
· Weight loss
· Healthy diet (DASH dietary pattern): Diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat dairy products with reduced content of saturated and trans l fat
· Reduced intake of dietary sodium: <1,500 mg/d is optimal goal but at least 1,000 mg/d reduction in most adults
· Enhanced intake of dietary potassium
· Regular physical activity (Aerobic): 90–150 min/wk
· Tobacco cessation
· Measures to release stress and effective coping mechanisms.
· Provide with nutrition/dietary information.
· Daily blood pressure monitoring at home twice a day for 7 days, keep a record, bring the record on the next visit with her PCP
· Instruction about medication intake compliance.
· Education of possible complications such as stroke, heart attack, and other problems.
· Patient was educated on course of hypertension, as well as warning signs and symptoms, which could indicate the need to attend the E.R/U.C. Answered all pt. questions/concerns. Pt verbalizes understanding to all
· Evaluation with PCP in 1 weeks for managing blood pressure and to evaluate current hypotensive therapy. Urgent Care visit prn.
· No referrals needed at this time.
Domino, F., Baldor, R., Golding, J., Stephens, M. (2017). The 5-Minute Clinical Consult 2017 (25th ed.). Print (The 5-Minute Consult Series).
Codina Leik, M. T. (2014). Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Intensive Review (2nd ed.). ISBN 978-0-8261-3424-0
Soap notes will be uploaded to Moodle and put through TURN-It-In (anti-Plagia
Struggling with a similar assignment? Don’t know where to start? Don’t have time to work on this? Get a high-quality paper written for you from scratch – PLAGIARISM FREE, guaranteed to get you a good grade. To get started, please click on the Submit Your Instructions at the bottom of the page.
Need Writing Help? Our writing specialists are here 24/7, every day of the year, ready to support you! Instantly chat with an online tutor below or click here to submit your paper instructions to the writing team.
More than just an assignment.
Who is this homework service for?
* If you are having a really hard class and want to get through it, then this is for you.
* If you have a medical emergency or someone close to you has a medical emergency and you don’t think you’ll be able to turn your assignment on time, this is definitely a service you could use.
* You can use us if you are having a tough Professor who won’t give you the grades you deserve.
* If you have a tight work schedule and you are getting points deducted for not submitting assignments on time.
* English might not be your first language and you feel like you are being left behind in class because of it.
* If you have a large project coming up and don’t think you have enough time to get it done well, definitely reach out to us.
Hi there! My name is Anna.
Super stoked you are checking us out! We would like to help you with your assignment. We just need a few things from you:
* The full assignment instructions as they appear on your school account.
* If a Rubric is present, make sure to attach it.
* Any relevant weekly readings or learning resources.
* Include any special announcements or emails you might have gotten from your Professor regarding your assignment.
* Any templates or additional files required to complete the assignment.
If your assignment is somewhat complex and you need to explain it, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via live chat.
Frequently asked questions
How soon can I get my paper done?
It depends with your deadline. If you need your paper completed in 3 hours, we will deliver it in that time. All you need to do is indicate your deadline in our custom order page here. Alternatively, if you are sending us your instructions via email, please be sure to indicate your deadline.
Will it be completely original? I don't want to be caught in a case of Academic Integrity Violation.
We are as paranoid as you are. Maybe even more! And we understand that the greatest sin you can commit in your academic journey is plagiarizing your academic work. To that end, we have made sure that we check and double-check our papers using high quality plagiarism detection tools such as SafeAssign and Turnitin before submitting the paper to you.
Who is my writer? Is he/she a native English Speaker?
All our writers are native English Speakers. That is not to say that ESL writers are not good, we just prefer hiring native writers because we want the very best people working on your paper. This might mean paying a little bit more for your paper as opposed to when you pay a foreign company whose writers are non-native English Speakers.
What if I need revisions? Will your charge additional for this?
Of course not! If you do happen to require a revision on your paper, our team will handle it for you free of charge. Matter of fact, we won’t rest till you are happy with your paper. So, ask for as many revisions as you need, it’s completely FREE!
Will you give me my money back if I don't like my paper?
We have very few instances where we delivered a paper that a client didn’t fall in love with. But if it so happens that you don’t like your paper for any reason whatsoever, we’ll refund your money back no questions asked.
I have more assignments after this, can you help me with those too?
Of course! And what’s even better is that we can reserve a writer permanently to work on your entire class. This comes in handy for projects which build up on each other and where you need just one writer, one writing style.