In this discussion thread, you will discuss three separate points about the Walt Disney Case.
The Walt Disney Company has theme parks, movies, and retails stores selling thousands of different items. SCM plays a massive role in Disney’s success in delivering services and products to its customers. Consider the raw materials that they use to build the theme parks and the perishable raw materials that they supply from farmers to prepare food and serve visitors. Taking thousands of different items sold in their retail stores into account, the Walt Disney Company must have an effectively managed supply chain system comprised of many entities, including raw material suppliers and manufacturers.
Elaborate on various sustainability practices that the Walt Disney Company utilizes/should utilize to ensure responsible and ethical supply chain management. For example, consider Disney’s sourcing strategies, supplier selection strategies, and labor practices in your discussion.
Define what e-procurement is and elaborate on its advantages and disadvantages from Disney’s perspective
Define major supply chain risk types from the Disney point of view (e.g., consider the disasters, pandemics, and how they pose risks to Disney’s supply chain). Then, elaborate on supply chain risk mitigation strategies that Disney can use.
1. Disney utilizes many different ways of maintaining their supply chain and developing strategies overtime to see what is needed for improvement. For example, Disney parks actors and staff are accounted for enough so that there are just enough costumes and uniforms needed so that no extra ones are purchased. Disney also keeps track of its inventory and demand on what products and services are more popular than others to make sure nothing is over bought or under sold. Having inventory on hand that is not sold or can expire leads to a loss of revenue. Disney also makes sure that they practice commitment toward all cast members with fairness and respect making sure that they do not discriminate.
E-procurement is where the organization uses the internet to procure the goods and services that are needed for the business. Disney has multiple venders that it reaches out to make sure enough product is keep in stock and is made for the various supply and demand. Overtime supply and demand can vary along the supply chain which can dictate how much product is needed. Disney keeps track of its inventory and the advantage of E-procurement helps Disney make purchases to resupply stores or manufacturers as fast as possible including any order changes that are required to be made. Additional advantages are increased data comprehension, cost effectiveness, and more clear spending. The disadvantages of this could leave Disney in a rough place when suppliers have onboarding problems, time consuming approval chains, including that this is not the best place to obtain direct materials. There are also integration challenges that can lead to a lack of planning and a shift in operations with the digital culture.
Supply chain risk is a major issue for all companies as the world is always changing on an economic, environmental, political, and ethical standpoint. During these shifts in these types of supply chain risks this can dictate whether a business has a strong stand on its operations and ability to adapt overtime. During the Covid-19 pandemic Disney parks took a major turn economically many people lost their jobs and were forced to go on unemployment, including the environmental wise many park goers were afraid to be around people for an extended time. Many amusement parks were closed around the world and states which lead to a loss in revenue. Disney was able to overcome these challenges but focusing its efforts on its retailers, and television departments which still allowed people to experience Disney at home with Disney Games, and Disney +. Once parks were back open Disney and many other businesses were suffering with supply issues as many manufacturers are based out of China or overseas which caused supply delays when on boarding with other supply chains. In order for Disney to avoid a major disruption in supply chain delays the company can plan for risk, establish diverse suppliers, and also analyze risk exposure. The act of being overly prepared will allow Disney to be prepared not to fail in the future.
2. 1. The Walt Disney Company utilizes many sustainability practices to ensure responsible and ethical supply chain management. When you have multiple parks around the world, it’s important that you master the art of sustainability. Each one of the Disney parks around the world all play their own part in achieving the highest level of sustainability while still giving their customers the greatest quality of experience. One huge way that Disney has effectively done this is by protecting our oceans. Not only in 2021 did Disney implement programs set to protect natural water systems, but just recently in 2022 they launched a global campaign called “Keep Our Oceans Amazing”. This campaign fights to raise awareness of the challenges facing oceans and marine life and works to protect 10 of our oceans’ sea life and their homes (Grasser, Shelby. “’Keep Our Oceans Amazing’ Campaign Launches in Celebration of ‘Avatar: The Way of Water’.” Disney Parks Blog, https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2022/11/keep-our-oceans-amazing-campaign-launches-in-celebration-of-avatar-the-way-of-water/). This supports ethical supply chain management as well because these campaigns are protecting wildlife and their habitats. Disney also tries to significantly limit their amount of waste while also using low impact products such as recycled goods.
2. E-procurement is when you buy and sell supplies online instead of in person. In general, some advantages of e-procurement are how it saves time, creates less room for error, more room for efficiency, and has a more secure system. Some disadvantages of e-procurement are the cost of operating, non guaranteed quality, potential of fraud, delivery/market risks, and how it’s not as user friendly. But specifically to Disney, an advantage may be that when you master a manufacturing network, it comes with a highly complex network of suppliers. This opens the door to more products, materials, and services which can be imported from around the world. On the flip side, a con may be brand confusion and adjustment because Disney did not start out using e-procurement. This may draw in more threats and will cost them more money.
3. Being a big company comes with having major supply chain risks. From Disney’s point of view, some of these may include ambiguity and uncertainty. The disasters we’ve had in the last couple of years, pandemics, etc can all pose risks to Disney’s supply chain. The pandemic in specific heavily impacted supply chains all over the world. It caused port delays, transportation shortages such as airplanes, pauses and stops completely of production, and so many more negatives. All of these cause uncertainty, and Disney was definitely made to feel this way during that time. Unfortunately, world events as such cannot be predicted so all businesses can do is prepare for them. Thankfully, there are supply chain risk mitigation strategies that companies can use. Disney now requires that all independent licensees and vendors working in the company sign a contract agreeing to comply with their regulatory requirements. Incorporating contracts gives Disney a sense of safety and security. Identifying and evaluating is the best way to mitigate supply chain risks. As long as Disney evaluates situations, they can prepare themselves for future issues that may arise within their supply chain (“Supply Chain.” Disney Social Responsibility, 23 Jan. 2023, https://impact.disney.com/operating-responsibly/supply-chain/). In addition, they also have something called Disney’s Supply Chain Investment Program (SCIP) which funds multiple programs that support important issues within the industry. Another strategy that Disney could use would be to make learning new skills a priority. Never be close minded to a new tactic just because you feel like yours is working fine. There is always room for improvement and no one is ever ‘too ready’ for the unknown.
In this discussion thread, you will discuss three separate points about the Walt
Struggling with a similar assignment? Don’t know where to start? Don’t have time to work on this? Get a high-quality paper written for you from scratch – PLAGIARISM FREE, guaranteed to get you a good grade. To get started, please click on the Submit Your Instructions at the bottom of the page.
In this discussion thread, you will discuss three separate points about the Walt Disney Case.
Need Writing Help? Our writing specialists are here 24/7, every day of the year, ready to support you! Instantly chat with an online tutor below or click here to submit your paper instructions to the writing team.
More than just an assignment.
Who is this homework service for?
* If you are having a really hard class and want to get through it, then this is for you.
* If you have a medical emergency or someone close to you has a medical emergency and you don’t think you’ll be able to turn your assignment on time, this is definitely a service you could use.
* You can use us if you are having a tough Professor who won’t give you the grades you deserve.
* If you have a tight work schedule and you are getting points deducted for not submitting assignments on time.
* English might not be your first language and you feel like you are being left behind in class because of it.
* If you have a large project coming up and don’t think you have enough time to get it done well, definitely reach out to us.
Hi there! My name is Anna.
Super stoked you are checking us out! We would like to help you with your assignment. We just need a few things from you:
* The full assignment instructions as they appear on your school account.
* If a Rubric is present, make sure to attach it.
* Any relevant weekly readings or learning resources.
* Include any special announcements or emails you might have gotten from your Professor regarding your assignment.
* Any templates or additional files required to complete the assignment.
If your assignment is somewhat complex and you need to explain it, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via live chat.
Frequently asked questions
How soon can I get my paper done?
It depends with your deadline. If you need your paper completed in 3 hours, we will deliver it in that time. All you need to do is indicate your deadline in our custom order page here. Alternatively, if you are sending us your instructions via email, please be sure to indicate your deadline.
Will it be completely original? I don't want to be caught in a case of Academic Integrity Violation.
We are as paranoid as you are. Maybe even more! And we understand that the greatest sin you can commit in your academic journey is plagiarizing your academic work. To that end, we have made sure that we check and double-check our papers using high quality plagiarism detection tools such as SafeAssign and Turnitin before submitting the paper to you.
Who is my writer? Is he/she a native English Speaker?
All our writers are native English Speakers. That is not to say that ESL writers are not good, we just prefer hiring native writers because we want the very best people working on your paper. This might mean paying a little bit more for your paper as opposed to when you pay a foreign company whose writers are non-native English Speakers.
What if I need revisions? Will your charge additional for this?
Of course not! If you do happen to require a revision on your paper, our team will handle it for you free of charge. Matter of fact, we won’t rest till you are happy with your paper. So, ask for as many revisions as you need, it’s completely FREE!
Will you give me my money back if I don't like my paper?
We have very few instances where we delivered a paper that a client didn’t fall in love with. But if it so happens that you don’t like your paper for any reason whatsoever, we’ll refund your money back no questions asked.
I have more assignments after this, can you help me with those too?
Of course! And what’s even better is that we can reserve a writer permanently to work on your entire class. This comes in handy for projects which build up on each other and where you need just one writer, one writing style.
I got my order information wrong, can I change that?
Yes you can. Just reach out to our support team via email (email@example.com) or live chat here and they’ll help you change the instructions.
Can I place an order via email instead of going through the order page?
Yes you can. Email Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org, she’s in charge of our sales team. Alternatively, you can talk to our Live Chat team here and request to speak to Anna.