In your Social Impact Analysis (SIA), you will be asked to analyze a leading-edge design, product, or concept. The idea is to choose a technology that has not been fully deployed yet and analyze its potential positive and negative social impacts. These include not only physical impacts (e.g. human health) but psychological, social, cultural, and financial impacts as well. This analysis, then, entails looking forward and trying to make a well-reasoned case for or against the technology in question.
You will be given a fair amount of latitude with respect to the topic you choose. It must be relevant to this class and feature a leading edge technology (this can include novel applications of well-established technologies). It is also recommended that you choose a topic that is relevant to your major. The following topics must be approved before submitting a proposal: fracking, artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles, and CRISPR (and other related genetic engineering topics).
1. You will need to submit a topic proposal. It should be approximately, but no longer than, 400 words long (not including works cited at end of document) and include a brief descriiption of the technology you have chosen along with a statement about why this topic is important (and relevant to engineering ethics). 2. You must also include a paragraph enumerating several potential benefits associated with this technology.
3. You must include an additional paragraph enumerating several potential drawbacks associated with this technology.
4. You will be expected to use at least three credible sources in your proposal cited using APA style. For this assignment, credible sources include but are not limited to journal articles, trade publications, and interviews with content experts. You may also use credible news sources and websites for this assignment.
5. You should not include a position in this proposal. This assignment comes far too early in the research process to formulate a defensible position. 6. Format:
Make sure the document includes your name and other relevant information in a header.
1.5 line spacing, 10-12 point font size, Times New Roman or Arial font style.
You are required to use both in-text citations (for quoted and paraphrased material) and a works cited/references list (at the end of the document, not a separate file).
7. Please upload your assignment as a Word document (.doc or .docx) in the portal provided in this subfolder.
It must be relevant to this class and feature a leading edge technology (this can include novel applications of well-established technologies).
Struggling with a similar assignment? Don’t know where to start? Don’t have time to work on this? Get a high-quality paper written for you from scratch – PLAGIARISM FREE, guaranteed to get you a good grade. To get started, please click on the Submit Your Instructions at the bottom of the page.
Need Writing Help? Our writing specialists are here 24/7, every day of the year, ready to support you! Instantly chat with an online tutor below or click here to submit your paper instructions to the writing team.
More than just an assignment.
Who is this homework service for?
* If you are having a really hard class and want to get through it, then this is for you.
* If you have a medical emergency or someone close to you has a medical emergency and you don’t think you’ll be able to turn your assignment on time, this is definitely a service you could use.
* You can use us if you are having a tough Professor who won’t give you the grades you deserve.
* If you have a tight work schedule and you are getting points deducted for not submitting assignments on time.
* English might not be your first language and you feel like you are being left behind in class because of it.
* If you have a large project coming up and don’t think you have enough time to get it done well, definitely reach out to us.
Hi there! My name is Anna.
Super stoked you are checking us out! We would like to help you with your assignment. We just need a few things from you:
* The full assignment instructions as they appear on your school account.
* If a Rubric is present, make sure to attach it.
* Any relevant weekly readings or learning resources.
* Include any special announcements or emails you might have gotten from your Professor regarding your assignment.
* Any templates or additional files required to complete the assignment.
If your assignment is somewhat complex and you need to explain it, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via live chat.
Frequently asked questions
How soon can I get my paper done?
It depends with your deadline. If you need your paper completed in 3 hours, we will deliver it in that time. All you need to do is indicate your deadline in our custom order page here. Alternatively, if you are sending us your instructions via email, please be sure to indicate your deadline.
Will it be completely original? I don't want to be caught in a case of Academic Integrity Violation.
We are as paranoid as you are. Maybe even more! And we understand that the greatest sin you can commit in your academic journey is plagiarizing your academic work. To that end, we have made sure that we check and double-check our papers using high quality plagiarism detection tools such as SafeAssign and Turnitin before submitting the paper to you.
Who is my writer? Is he/she a native English Speaker?
All our writers are native English Speakers. That is not to say that ESL writers are not good, we just prefer hiring native writers because we want the very best people working on your paper. This might mean paying a little bit more for your paper as opposed to when you pay a foreign company whose writers are non-native English Speakers.
What if I need revisions? Will your charge additional for this?
Of course not! If you do happen to require a revision on your paper, our team will handle it for you free of charge. Matter of fact, we won’t rest till you are happy with your paper. So, ask for as many revisions as you need, it’s completely FREE!
Will you give me my money back if I don't like my paper?
We have very few instances where we delivered a paper that a client didn’t fall in love with. But if it so happens that you don’t like your paper for any reason whatsoever, we’ll refund your money back no questions asked.
I have more assignments after this, can you help me with those too?
Of course! And what’s even better is that we can reserve a writer permanently to work on your entire class. This comes in handy for projects which build up on each other and where you need just one writer, one writing style.