Read the posted document called Backgrounds. Read Acts 7:54 – 8:3 where Saul of Tarsus is introduced. Read his conversion story in Acts 9: 1-31 and 22:3 -30 where he (as reported by Luke) tells his story. Also read some of the things he (as Paul) later wrote about himself in Galatians 1:11-14, and Philippians 3:1-8. Then read Bruce, pages 32-52, 69-94, 126-133.
Complete the following fill-in-the-blank style questions. Key in the answer in place of the blank line. Each blank is worth 3 points.
1. The vast dispersion of Jews throughout the Roman Empire is called The
2. Tarsus, the city of Paul’s birth was within the borders of the modern country called ______________.
3. The original Jewish temple in Jerusalem was built by ______________.
4. Jewish priests were descendants of Aaron of the tribe of ________.
5. A Jewish religious sect that did not believe in angels were the ______________.
6. In the first century, the language of common Palestinian Jews was __________.
7. The Greek translation of the Hebrew scriptures (the Old Testament) is called the ____________.
8. The Jewish High council was called the __________.
9. Alexander the Great consolidated his Empire by means of a concept called _____________, derived from a word that means “Greek.”
10. The Jewish revolt led by Judas Maccabeus resulted in an annual feast called _____________.
11. The Roman Emperor who ruled at the time of Paul’s death was _______.
12. ___________________ was the Idumean ruler who rebuilt and added to the Jewish temple that stood in the time of Jesus and the Apostle Paul.
13. The Greek philosophers known as the Stoics were founded by _________.
14. Before his acceptance of Jesus as Messiah, Saul of Tarsus was a devout ___________, the name for a specific separatist sect of the Jews.
15. Saul was educated under a great teacher named ____________.
16. The city of Jerusalem and the Jewish temple were destroyed in the year AD 70 by the Roman army led by a general named _________.
17. In modern Jerusalem, on the site of the ancient Jewish Temple, there is a Muslim edifice called ____________________.
18. Two Roman procurators who governed Judea during the time of Paul’s apostolic ministry were ____________ and ______________.
19. Besides Judaism, traditional religions, and the Greek philosophies, in Paul’s day there were also various exotic cults known broadly as the _________________.
The next section is discussion. Write about half a page each, single spaced (10 points each). Mention any resources you draw from.
1. Discuss what it meant to be a Roman citizen in Paul’s day. How were citizens better off than the slave class?
2. Summarize Saul’s conversion experience and how he describes himself in various New Testament texts. In what ways do you see this as a dramatic life change?
3. Who was Barnabas? List and detail his appearances in the Book of Acts. Describe his importance in assisting Paul to get acquainted with Christians.
4. Discuss social, political, and religious factors that contributed to the rapid spread of Christianity during the first century.
Read the posted document called Backgrounds. Read Acts 7:54 – 8:3 where Saul
Struggling with a similar assignment? Don’t know where to start? Don’t have time to work on this? Get a high-quality paper written for you from scratch – PLAGIARISM FREE, guaranteed to get you a good grade. To get started, please click on the Submit Your Instructions at the bottom of the page.
Need Writing Help? Our writing specialists are here 24/7, every day of the year, ready to support you! Instantly chat with an online tutor below or click here to submit your paper instructions to the writing team.
More than just an assignment.
Who is this homework service for?
* If you are having a really hard class and want to get through it, then this is for you.
* If you have a medical emergency or someone close to you has a medical emergency and you don’t think you’ll be able to turn your assignment on time, this is definitely a service you could use.
* You can use us if you are having a tough Professor who won’t give you the grades you deserve.
* If you have a tight work schedule and you are getting points deducted for not submitting assignments on time.
* English might not be your first language and you feel like you are being left behind in class because of it.
* If you have a large project coming up and don’t think you have enough time to get it done well, definitely reach out to us.
Hi there! My name is Anna.
Super stoked you are checking us out! We would like to help you with your assignment. We just need a few things from you:
* The full assignment instructions as they appear on your school account.
* If a Rubric is present, make sure to attach it.
* Any relevant weekly readings or learning resources.
* Include any special announcements or emails you might have gotten from your Professor regarding your assignment.
* Any templates or additional files required to complete the assignment.
If your assignment is somewhat complex and you need to explain it, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via live chat.
Frequently asked questions
How soon can I get my paper done?
It depends with your deadline. If you need your paper completed in 3 hours, we will deliver it in that time. All you need to do is indicate your deadline in our custom order page here. Alternatively, if you are sending us your instructions via email, please be sure to indicate your deadline.
Will it be completely original? I don't want to be caught in a case of Academic Integrity Violation.
We are as paranoid as you are. Maybe even more! And we understand that the greatest sin you can commit in your academic journey is plagiarizing your academic work. To that end, we have made sure that we check and double-check our papers using high quality plagiarism detection tools such as SafeAssign and Turnitin before submitting the paper to you.
Who is my writer? Is he/she a native English Speaker?
All our writers are native English Speakers. That is not to say that ESL writers are not good, we just prefer hiring native writers because we want the very best people working on your paper. This might mean paying a little bit more for your paper as opposed to when you pay a foreign company whose writers are non-native English Speakers.
What if I need revisions? Will your charge additional for this?
Of course not! If you do happen to require a revision on your paper, our team will handle it for you free of charge. Matter of fact, we won’t rest till you are happy with your paper. So, ask for as many revisions as you need, it’s completely FREE!
Will you give me my money back if I don't like my paper?
We have very few instances where we delivered a paper that a client didn’t fall in love with. But if it so happens that you don’t like your paper for any reason whatsoever, we’ll refund your money back no questions asked.
I have more assignments after this, can you help me with those too?
Of course! And what’s even better is that we can reserve a writer permanently to work on your entire class. This comes in handy for projects which build up on each other and where you need just one writer, one writing style.